Sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, the award-winning multimedia caregiver education program Touch, Caring and Cancer: Simple Instruction for Family and Friends represents a breakthrough in caregiver education and the delivery of supportive care at home to people with cancer. The evaluation study found family caregivers using the methods taught in the program were able to have significant impacts on symptoms in their loved ones comparable to those obtained by professional massage therapists.
The study was published in the Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer and is available free online here.
Approved by the National Cancer Institute as a Research-Tested Intervention Program (RTIPs).
Touch, Caring and Cancer is available in streaming online video as well as DVD formats. Languages include:
Touch, Caring and Cancer is being used in cancer support programs, hospices and other palliative care programs across the US and internationally. An organizational license is available for organizations wishing to make the streaming program available to their populations. Bulk discounts are also available for the hard copy version.
- First name: William
- Last name: Collinge, PhD, MPH
- Country: United States
- Display name: The Touch, Caring and Cancer Program
- Official website address: http://www.partnersinhealing.net/tcc.html
- Personal website address: http://www.collinge.org
- Postal address: Collinge and Associates, Inc.
3480 Kincaid Street
- Town: Eugene
- City/region: Oregon
- Fax number: 207-510-8060
- Business phone: 541-632-3502
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org