CaringInfo (formerly Caring Connections), a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, provides free resources to help people make decisions about end-of-life care and services before a crisis. Since 2004 CaringInfo has provided more than 1.3 million advance directives to individuals free of charge.
- State-specific advance directives
- Easy to read information and publications about grief and loss that organizations can use in the community free of charge. www.caringinfo.org/grief
- What is Grief?
- What Does Grief Feel Like?
- Finding Help for Yourself or a Loved One
- Supporting Friends of Family Who Are Grieving
- Types of Grief and Loss
- Grieving During the Holidays
HelpLine - 800-658-8898
Knowledgeable and compassionate people to:
- Provide a compassionate ear and answer questions on end-of-life issues;
- Provide a variety of free consumer brochures, state-specific advance directives and contact information for community services.
Multilingual Line – 877-658-8896
Bi-lingual staff are available to assist callers with end-of-life care issues and send free materials in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese on a variety of end-of-life topics.